December 09, 2009

Brisk, cold, arctic, frigid, gelid, glacial, icy, polar bleak, cutting, raw chilly, parky crisp, frosty, nipping, nippy, snappy

Walking to work in 11 degree's is actually fun for me. I enjoy the cold and the crunchy grass, steamy billowing exhale. When I am at work, I would like it to be able to take my winter gear off.

Facilities at the Library are proving to be worthless.

Yesterday it was in the 40's. in the tech room. The heater guys came over and told us it was fixed. There was NO warm air coming from the vents, which you figure would be proof it was working.

They opened up the door and the heat from the back room and hallway slowly got the temperature up. This morning again it is in the 40's. Again they come over and, again they tell us it is working.

It's not. So I am wearing thermals, dual socks and four layers and still get chills.

I like walking in the cold. Not sitting and trying to work in the cold.

No comments: