December 09, 2009

Wil Wheaton

Maybe you recall the character of Gordie in Stand by me, or Wesley Crusher from Star Trek TNG. In so much as I hate saying "I'm a fan" of anything or anyone. I sheepishly admit to enjoying this transitional personality.

He is one of the early adopters of the internet and his blog and books are highly entertaining. He plays D & D often posting about his games, voice work on many video games and cartoons.

Lately he made a couple of appearances on two of my favorite shows. The Big Bang Theory and The Guild.

In reading his blog I came across this tid-bit that really shows his humor:

Speaking of things that are fun and tremendously amusing, here's a Twitter exchange that made me laugh quite a bit:

theelkmechanic: I love living in the future. Sitting in Charlotte airport using my machine in Troy to update 4 servers in Phoenix. Beat that, @wilw

wilw: @theelkmechanic I drove the Starship Enterprise. [::dramatic pause::] Your move.

theelkmechanic: @wilw [::tips King Over::]

I'm not going to lie to you, Marge, that made me gigglesnort, and I was relieved that @theelkmechanic took my joke in the spirit it was intended.

No comments: