March 10, 2010

Adult Activities for Health and fitness.

With loosing some weight there is a desire to move and exercise. There is in me at least. It boils down to wanting to do things. Over the weekend I ran two and a half miles with Connor learning to ride the bike. Which was pretty good, I thought.

Tuesday afternoon they have an adult skate. Yes, in the afternoon. I went and it was nice and open, around 6 other people (I was the youngest...). I really enjoy skating. It is a bit odd for me to see the skill level has declined.

On recomendation I picked up the book, Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen

While the writers style irks me at times, the overall book is quite a remarkable journey into the past\present and future of running. Why is it that a community in the Copper Canyon area can run hundreds of miles a day without knee, foot, ankle problems? And why are they running into the 80's?

Because, we high tech shoe wearing folks are running wrong.

No comments: